Made from durable Australian spodumene and Chinese heat-resistant ceramics by innovative ceramic technologies, this earthen casserole or Chinese sand pot provides a hard-wearing, impermeable finish fired at temperatures as high as 2282 degrees F or 1250 degrees C. With its non-porous construction, the casserole blocks moisture absorption, has no worrying about chipping, cracking, crazing, or rippling along the interior, and resists odors, scratching, and staining for hygienic use and optimal cooking performance. Even more, its high-quality enamel protects against metal marks and other damage, safe for cutting with knives. Best of all, the glaze on the exterior makes the casserole fun to mix and match with other kitchen decors, while a neutral-colored glaze on the inside offers an optimal palette for food presentation. Since the unusual thermal expansion stability of spodumene provides unmatched thermal resistance from -2 degrees F to 750 degrees F, the casserole does not burst during dry heating and can move gracefully from the microwave or oven (or under the broiler) to the table for serving to the refrigerator or freezer for storing leftovers. The casserole includes a secure-fitting lid with a round-shaped large knob to help trap heat and moisture, and its integrated sure-grip wide side handles facilitate steady transport. When finished, the casserole cleans up easily by hand or in the dishwasher.
- The earthenware casserole is made of Australian spodumene and Chinese heat-resistant ceramics with an enamel finish
- Directly on a gas flame or an electric or halogen burner, the casserole has no need of diffuser, without any fear of cracking or breaking when temperature is up to 750 degrees F.
- Sure-grip side handles facilitate a steady hold during transport
- Secure-fitting lid with round knob traps heat and moisture
- Dishwasher-safe; Oven, broiler, and microwave safe up to 750 degrees F
- can go directly from a freezer or refrigerator, to a hot oven, to the table.
- This covered casserole is perfect for natural slow-cooking and stews in the oven or it can be used on the stovetop for a stir-frying, stewing, boiling, braising and other various types of food processing.
- Natural glaze won’t react with foods and is completely food safe
- The casserole retains heat well for keeping the food warm at the table.
- 8.5 by 7.5 inch
Use & Care
- Ideal for use on electric and gas burners
- Prohibited from induction cooktops
- Temperature safe to 750° F and microwavable.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the surface.
- Prior to first use, fill dish 3/4 full of water and leave in the oven for 30 minutes at 390° F to seal pores.
- Avoid abrupt changes in temperature.
- Allow casserole to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents or abrasive cleansers.
- If food is burnt or stuck to the surface, leave to soak for a few hours and then clean with a nylon scrubber.