A range hood is a installed appliance hanging above the stovetop or cooktop in the kitchen. It is used to filter or evacuate air of airborne grease, smoke, odors, heat, and steam. Range hoods (in US), also called extractor hoods (in UK), rangehood (in Australia) or ventilation hoods, prevent greasy buildups on walls and other surfaces.

There are two primary ventilation types of kitchen range hoods: ducted range hoods (or vented range hoods) and ductless range hoods (or recirculated range hoods). A ducted kitchen range hood has piping and tubing to exhaust fumes, smoke and gas directly out of the residence, while in a ductless range hood, a filter with active charcoal is used to remove odor and smoke particles from the air during recirculating the cleaned air back to the kitchen environment.

Ducted range hoods are further classified into axial-flow type and centrifugal type. The former uses a propelling fan under a shallow cover to simply blow the air out of the kitchen with gradual greasy buildups on the fan and exhausting pipe. The later usually has two centrifugal blowing fans to create negative pressure space where airborne grease is separated from the air and goes into oil reservoir cups, while the cleaned air is exhausted through a tube to outside of the house.

Our range hoods are centrifugal and are designed for under cabinet installations, either mounted on wall or attached to cabinet. They are the most popular type of range hoods for Chinese kitchens in North America. These range hoods come in stainless steel brushed finishes to coordinate with your kitchen décor, with one or two removable oil cup trap, sizes 30 or 36 inches and blowing power over 600 CFM (cubic feet per minute) . You have to find your range hood size before you buy one. Most American kitchens have 30" wide stoves and 30" stove cabinets. Intensive Chinese cooking kitchen is recommended to select strong CFM powers (over 700 CFM) and build-in removable grease cup trap.