Zojirushi NP-HTC10 5.5-Cup Induction Heat Pressure Rice Cooker
Zojirushi's advanced rice cooker system uses precise heat control and pressurized cooking to create perfect rice. Induction Heating (IH) directs the heat right into the inner cooking pan, which is vacuum insulated to maintain temperature.
List Price: $449.00
Sale Price: $383.99
- Automatically selects from three pressure levels according to the menu selected
- Induction Heating allows more evenly distributed heat for perfectly cooked delicious rice every time
- Vacuum insulated inner cooking pan distributes heat to the rice quickly without allowing it to escape outside
- Easy-to-read colored LCD control panel with Clock and Timer functions
- GABA BROWN menu or brown rice activation available to activate brown rice for increased nutritional values
- Accessories include rice measuring cup, rinse-free rice measuring cup, nonstick rice spatula and spatula holder
- Its multiple menu cooking functions include white/mixed, sushi, porridge, brown rice, GABA BROWN , quick and rinse-free.
- Capacity: 5.5 cups / 1.0 liter
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 9-7/8 x 14-3/16 x 7-7/8 inches
- Electrical Rating: 120 volts / 1,230 watts
- Color: Stainless Brown
What is Induction Heating (IH)?
The heating method known as Induction Heating (IH) occurs when a magnetic material is placed in a magnetic field. In our case, coils within the bottom of the rice cooker create the magnetic field. When the inner cooking pan is placed into the rice cooker and the unit is activated, a magnetic field is generated to create instant heat. Through this technology the inner cooking pan itself becomes the heat source utilizing both high heat and fine heating adjustments to control the cooking process.
What is Brown Rice Activation?
The rice cooker activates brown rice by keeping the temperature inside the pan at about 104? for 2 hours. By activating brown rice, GABA, one of the nutrients contained in brown rice, increases its amount 1.5 times as much as that contained in non-activated brown rice. It also makes brown rice softer, thus making it readily edible.
What is GABA?
GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) is a type of amino acid said to lower blood pressure, improve kidney function and relief stress.
What is Germinated Brown Rice?
Germinated brown rice is a type of brown rice that is ready to be germinated by a special process. The process gives a softer texture and improved taste. It also contains increased values of GABA. It is a type of rice that must be purchased, and is cooked using the Softer menu. Germinated brown rice is sometimes called sprouted brown rice. More information on germinated brown rice can be found at this website: http://www.hatsuga.com/DOMER/english/en/GBRRB.html